5.19.2006

Dear Asian Lady

Thank you for teaching me about your culture.
The other day you posed the question, "Why you do that to your face?"

I was taken by surprise. In my country, acne is a fact of life that we grudging put up with, but are otherwise happy to politely ignore.

I can only wonder about the protocol in your country. Is there a game show for people unlucky enough to have pimples? Or do you just throw rocks at them?


Our interaction provided me with a great deal of insight into the hypocrisy of our ideals and other such bullshit and I think we have much to learn from a culture so comfortable with public indictments of poor skin care.

To answer your question:
I "do this to my face" because I hate compliments.
I wear my clothing inside out and deliberately apply lipstick to my teeth for the same reason.

Please ask me something else. I am eager to engage is this exciting cultural dialogue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are sooo funny...